1spotmedia Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is 1spotmedia?
- 1spotmedia is the RJRGleaner Communications Group’s Internet media service, offering the full range of the RJRGleaner Communications Group television and radio brands, including TVJ, RETV, JNN, TVJSN, RJR94FM, FAME 95 FM, and HITZ 92 FM, POWER 106, MUSIC 99 in one spot online. 1spotmedia is everywhere TV and radio, with live stream and video on demand (VOD) content on PCs, tablets and smartphones.
2. When do new episodes become available on demand?
- Episodes typically become available on demand the day after airing on TV. Broadcasts of live episodes can take several hours longer to become available for streaming - often until the afternoon of the next day.
3. What episodes are available on Live TV?
- This is based on the streaming rights held by each channel (TVJ, JNN, RETV, TVJSN).
4. Can I download an episode from 1spotmedia.com?
- No, 1spotmedia is a streaming service. Live Stream and the VOD content is owned by or licensed to us and your rights to such content shall be limited to the viewing of files for non-commercial private use in accordance with your purchase.
5. Can I use 1spotmedia.com when traveling to other countries?
- Travelers from Jamaica who have access to live streams will need to subscribe for the live streams when they travel to other countries. N.B. 1spotmedia is free to viewers in Jamaica with subscription required outside of Jamaica.
6. Why am I seeing different content than my friends, relative outside and inside of Jamaica?
- There are some programs that we do not have broadcast rights outside of Jamaica and when that occurs we provide alternative content to subscribers who do not reside in Jamaica.
7. Why am I being billed for the 7- day free Trial when it supposed to be free?
- The money of the user never gets deducted during his 7 day free trial. The way our 7-day trial program works is our merchant processor (Paypal) places an authorization to charge the credit card. When the user signs up and doesn't convert to the subscription the merchant releases that authorization after the trial period is over.This means that there is no refund afterwards because the money is never deducted from the user.
8. How soon should I cancel if I don’t wish to continue after the 7-day free trial?
- Users can cancel their subscription up until one (1) day before the 7-day free trial ends.
1. Why should I register to 1spotmedia.com?
- Registration provides access to the 1Spotmedia site and both free and member VOD content.
2. How do I become a member of 1Spotmedia.com?
- To become a member of 1Spotmedia you simply need to register at www.1Spotmedia.com.
3. I forgot my password to 1spotmedia.com. What should I do?
- If you forgot your password, you can recover it by following these steps:
- i. Go to 1spotmedia.com from a Web browser.
- ii. Click "SIGN IN" in the upper right part of the page.
- iii. Click "Forgot Your Password".
- iv. Enter the email address you used to create your 1spotmedia.com account.
- v. Click "Send".
- vi. If you have an issue, send a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can reset the password for you.
4. I have not received a confirmation email. What do I do?
- Please send indication to the site staff using the support email available on the site (email@example.com).
5. I can’t log in at all. What should I do?
- Please check again your user-name and password.- If still not able to Login, please send indication to the site staff using the support email available on the site (firstname.lastname@example.org).
6. How do I delete my 1spotmedia.com membership?
- Please send indication to the site staff using the support email available on the site (email@example.com) with your user name and they will delete your account.
7. I reset my password and it still does not work?
- Ensure that the email address used is the same email used to register.
8. The live show I am supposed to be watching is showing the same content and does not match the program I want to watch?
- This is usually an issue with content replacement and/or EPG. If this occurs please contact (firstname.lastname@example.org).
9. Why do I have to pay for PPV events if I am a subscriber and do I need to subscribe to view PPV events?
- It is the policy of 1spotmedia to not require a subscription to our streaming service to purchase a PPV event ticket like many other subscriber services require. However, we do require subscribers to purchase PPV event tickets. The subscription fee only covers the premium content for the live TV Channels, Radio Channels and Premium VODs.
10. Why is the streaming on my mobile device not working properly but I can stream on my PC?
- The first thing to confirm is that you have downloaded the App for your device. Many times the reason for the issue is people try to stream on their web browser of their device and not through the App which will cause inconsistent results. If after downloading the app and trying again it does not work, then contact (email@example.com).
1. Why should I subscribe to 1spotmedia.com?
- Subscribing to 1spotmedia, gives you access to the live streams and VOD content of RJRGleaner Communications Group four television and five radio brands.
2. What are Premium Items?
- Premium items are those which are available only to 1Spotmedia subscribers.
3. How can I cancel my 1spotmedia.com subscription?
- To cancel your subscription go to ispotmedia.com, my subscription tab of My Account and simply uncheck the auto-renew button.
4. Will I get a refund if I cancel my 1spotmedia.com subscription?
- If you believe you are entitled to refund, please write to the site staff (firstname.lastname@example.org). Normally, cancellation in the middle of a month are not entitled for refund.
5. How Do I update the payment information for my 1spotmedia.com subscription?
- You should login to your account page and there you should have access to your billing information.
6. Can I rent or purchase individual programmes instead of subscribing to 1spotmedia.com?
- No. 1spotmedia.com does not offer the option to rent or purchase individual titles.
7. What does the 1spotmedia.com subscription package entail?
- The 1spotmedia subscription includes the live streams and VOD content of all RJRGleaner Communications Group brands.
8. You charged me twice?
- The pending charge is simply an authorization to charge the credit card but in some cases will show up (especially on Debit cards) as a reduction in your spending balance.
9. How do I update my credit card information if it has changed?
- Unfortunately, we do not have a way for you to update your credit card information at this time. You need to let your subscription lapse and re-subscribe.
10. How do I cancel my subscription and/or stop the auto-billing?
- In order to cancel your subscription you need to go to 1spotmedia.com website, sign in and in "your account" click on "cancel subscription". Your subscription will automatically cancelled at the end of the period subscribed.
11. I live in Jamaica and you are still asking me to subscribe?
- Please go to your web browser and in Google type in IP Address and send us the result. Sometimes the internet provider in Jamaica is using an IP address outside of Jamaica. We determine who needs to subscribe based on your IP address.
12. How do I purchase a subscription?
- Please visit www.1spotmedia.com My Accounts, click on Subscription, select subscription package, click buy now.
1. Which browser does 1spotmedia.com support?
- 1SpotMedia supports all major browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Explorer version 10 and up.
2. 1spotmedia.com minimum system requirements.
- 1SpotMedia runs on Dual-core PC or better.
3. Minimum Internet speed requirement.
- 3 Mbps.
1. Does 1spotmedia.com have an app for IOS?
- Yes. 1SpotMedia now has a free iOS app that can be downloaded to your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch via the App Store. You cannot create an account on the 1spotmedia app. First, you will need to visit 1spotmedia.com to register for a free account. Use the email address and password from your newly created 1spotmedia account to login to the 1spotmedia app.
2. Does 1spotmedia.com have an app for Android?
- Yes. 1spotmedia has a free Android app that can be downloaded to your Android phone or Android tablet via Google Play. You cannot create an account on the 1spotmedia app. First, you will need to visit 1spotmedia.com to register for a free account. Use the email address and password from your newly created 1spotmedia account to login to the 1spotmedia app.
3. For which IOS device is the 1spotmedia.com App supported?
- iPhone 4s and later.
4. On which Android device is the 1spotmedia.com App supported?
- Android 4.0 and later.
5. Can I create a 1spotmedia.com account on my app?
- No. You must visit 1spotmedia.com to register or subscribe. Then, use the email address and password from your newly created 1spotmedia account to login to the 1spotmedia app.
6. Is 1spotmedia.com available on smart TV?
- Not yet.
7. I'm getting the following error when I tried to login: "You already have 3 devices registered for this account" What should I do?
- You are getting this error because your account already has three (3) registered devices. If you want to remove, or change your already registered devices, please send us your request to email@example.com and we will be glad to help you.
8. I am having trouble with the 1spotmedia App. Where can I get help?
- Please send an email to the address detailed on the web site (firstname.lastname@example.org).